Posted by Marcus Wyatt on 13 November 2007
- Hash#diff – helpful for determining the difference between two hashes.
- String#each_char – Yields a single-character string for each character in the string.
- Integer#even – helpful when adding zebra striping to views.
- Enumerable#index_by – Convert an enumerable to a hash.
- Enumerable#group_by – Collect an enumerable into sets, grouped by the result of a block. Is helpful for grouping elements of an Enumerable by an attribute or an arbitrary grouping.
- Synonyms vs Aliases
- Testing private methods in Ruby
- Keyword-based message sending (Ruby compared to Smalltalk and Objective-C)
- A crash course in Ruby
- main.rb – a class factory and dsl for generating command line programs real quick.
- Reading an Excel file with Ruby
- Ruby on Rails 101 Presentation (pdf) – Very comprehensive and informative
- Use JQuery on Rails
- Map IP address to latitude and longitude part 1 & part 2
- HasFinder – is an extension to ActiveRecord that makes it easier than ever to create custom find and count queries.
- Pagecaching Highly personalized web pages – making rails wicked fast.
- Rails has and belongs to many (habtm) gotcha – solving slow queries
- Using Paypal with Rails
- model_stubbing – create in-memory versions of models for testing.
- candy – a rails plugin which adds some ruby candy to your app.
Mac OS X
- ProtoType vs JQuery – Your Momma’s so fat 🙂
- Scripteka – Site specializing in Prototype extension libraries and scripts
- Pseudo-custom events in Prototype 1.6
- Lightbox JS – is a simple, unobtrusive script used to overlay images on the current page.
Powered by ScribeFire.